Here it is so far - I have embroidered, embellished, lined, and backed with ultrasuede, so I just have the edging and some fringe to go!
It would have been even quicker if I hadn't spent so much time unpicking it! My initial design only used the large focal cabochon, but I then added the smaller ones and edged them all with sequins.
As I beaded, I realised that the two styles I was trying to combine just didn't go together. I wanted a one piece collar, but the way it was going it would only have worked by splitting it up into components and then reattaching them. So after much unpicking and re-stitching, I now have a collar I am happy with. Although revising a design can often make it a great design, this time I should have trusted my instincts first time round.
This has been interesting in a way as I do now have a design for some lovely small pendants and earrings or smaller necklace components.
I will post a photo of the collar when I have edged and fringed it over the next couple of weeks.
Thanks for following!