My Beadwork Blog and Gallery

Beading is a bit of an obsession. My beadwork blog is home to my thoughts on pieces I am working on, techniques I am learning, and my beading inspirations. I live in Bournemouth, Dorset and am mum to two gorgeous young children. I volunteer at both school and toddler group, and work part-time in online ad production. I try to fit in as much beading here and there as I can, for both relaxation, and to stretch and expand my creative side. I've learnt a variety of textile crafts over the years, but have always loved jewellery-making. I enjoy wirework, but beadweaving and bead embroidery have proved to be my favourite mediums, and it is these types of beadwork that I always seem to come back to. I love the colour and feel of beads, planning new projects, learning new techniques and of course, bead shopping! I read a wide variety of beading magazines and books, and apart from the occasional workshop, am primarily self-taught.

Friday 21 January 2011

Finally winning with unfinished projects....

Belated Happy New Year!

Although I haven't posted recently I have managed to get a fair amount of beading done over the Christmas holidays so do actually have something to report! I am hoping to be posting much more frequently

I have completed the Dutch Spiral necklace I've been working on for months (photo up shortly) and have also finally finished the Spiral Rope to go with Helen's gorgeous lampwork focal from my first ever post. I am however in two minds over how to attach the lampwork bead, so that is sitting in my kitchen 'beading area' so that I can contemplate it whenever I pass by.

In the meantime I am working towards finishing an embellished bead embroidered bracelet designed by Laura McCabe and designing a blue shell cabachon cuff to match my last pendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment